Sunday, June 28, 2015

I remember World of Warcraft

I remember World of Warcraft


There was a lot of stuff to think about, a lot of stuff to do... and then there was this game. I ended up spending all my time online in Azeroth. 
Honestly, this was back when I would spend a lot of time with the games instead of learning the games properly through guides. It was back when trying stuff was fun and I had all the time I needed.
I took a long time to get to level 60. Most of the time I just ran around exploring and killing monsters in the forest. Felwood was a place where I spent most of the last seven levels killing monsters. My druid was sneaking through the land in the shape of a panther. 
I spent a lot of time near the Irontree Woods.
Fighting near the caves where the "special" herbs grew. I believe it was Artha's Tears and maybe some mushrooms inside the caves. And in the pools of green water there were elementals to kill. Fantastic times!

The community was not crowded with goldfarmers who were spamming for selling their gold. I remember it as the perfect times. I am however aware that my mind might forget the bad stuff. (Like a mother giving birth to a second child is not likely to remember the pain she went through the first time. The happiness that follows just removes the bad stuff from their memory.)

I don´t know if there was many addons to get early in WoW, I did not use any however. That made questing tough. In the early days I don´t think there were much more help besides from the text itself on the quests. If I had not yet discovered a location on the map I could not know where I had to go. There could be a hint like to the north or something like that.

One of the things that defines my start in WoW is this. I went to Molten Core before I discovered that I HAD FORGOTTEN TO BUY THE LEVEL 60 SKILLS!
Just the skill alone improved my healing etc. That was something I did not tell too many people at the time, especially not the ones who wiped due to crappy healing at Ragnaros. 


Felwood would end up being the best memories I have from the game before the end game content started, with the instances and the raids. That is another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment