Saturday, June 27, 2015

Wear gloves when at the gym

When you are at the gym using their dumbbells and barbells, I recommend that you use gloves. They are fairly cheap, no need to get expensive ones for protection.

I can´t say I have statistics etc but I do however believe this...

Firstly. Lots of people are using the same equipment that you do. And you have no idea when they last washed their hands.

Secondly. When lifting heavily, the bar you lift will try to rotate and when you fight against that you risk getting microskopical wounds in the hand and those are big enough to give you a bad infection which will keep you from the gym for quite some time.

Think about it, the grip surface is often quite rough.

I use gloves nowadays and when I don´t use the gloves it is because the surface is flat or I use my straps. The straps will not only help my grip, it protects my hands as well.


Train hard, stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment