Saturday, July 4, 2015

After earning a few hundred gold in Hearthstone

I grinded a few hundred gold in Hearthstone... Now what?


Go play Arena, they said. You will learn the game, they said. So now I have been doing my daily quests, earning gold to enter the Arena.
Now what?
It is quite time consuming entering the Arena considering the fact that you have to form a new deck so often. Well, if I would be a better player and constantly get 12 wins then I would not be building new decks as often, obviously.

So the main goal for all the grind is building a deck to play ranked. To get the cards I need to either get very lucky in the packs I get from Arena or I have to get a LOT OF PACKS to destroy those cards and then build the cards I need. 

To build my deck as quickly as possible I suppose there are two ways to do it. To play Arena and hope to get a few wins and extra gold.
Or just buy packs. They cost 100 gold. Arena cost 150. I am however guarenteed a pack if I just lose 3 games in a row in the Arena. 
And if I win a few games I am likely able to get another 50 gold or more. 

The quickest way to get my deck would probably be just buying the packs. But they all say "Play arena to learn the game". In Arena I get to play different classes, that makes me understand what I am to expect from then when I face them. 
Though the type of cards that are good in the Arena are not the same ones that are good in ranked or casual mode. 
That bums me out. But one thing is for sure. When selecting your deck in the Arena you get to see many cards and eventually you learn what they are all about from just hearing the name. 

Hey I got rewarded when the season ended. I got a new "pattern" on the back of my cards. It sounds okay when I say I got to rank 20. However it is impossible to lose rank until you hit rank 19, which just makes it possible to compare me to a total grinder who does not know what the hell he is doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment