Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Hearthstone - New Tavern Brawl

So the first "Tavern Brawl" sucked. Playing some big ass raid boss from vanilla World of Warcraft. And the opponent was of course super charged as well. One had to win fast and the other one just had to stall the game until the point where he would stomp the opponent with his Hero Power.
That was Tavern Brawl 1.0 from my point of view. So now they have released the Tavern Brawl 2.0. 

Was this an improvement?
YES!

So what is this new mode then? It is quite simple. It is nothing insane like last time. This is just a normal game with the normal classes with one big plot twist. Every time you cast a spell you get a random minion that cost the same amount of mana.
At first I did not think about what it meant when I decided to create a Hunter deck. After a few minutes into the first game I realized that I did not want to play a Hunter in this mode. Why spawn creatues of my own? Why not just go Mage and blast shit down with spells while I get free minions into the battlefield?
Said and done, I conceded and started to create a Mage deck. Using all the spells available as a mage I created a deck that also contained all the minions giving +spell damage. 
It only took one game to get my weekly win and that pack that you are after when you play Tavern Brawl.

Occasionally the randomness of the minions spawned did create more problems than they solved but all together I really think you gain an advantage going a lot of spells in this mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment