Sunday, February 14, 2016

Five Nights at Freddy's

First Impression of the game





The kids teddybears will freak me the fuck out from now on...




This huge monster sitting at random places in my house, staring at me.. 

So the game scared me? 
Yes.

Does it mean it is a good game?
It succeeded in what it tried to do I suppose. I think it is a brilliant game!

At first though. I was wondering what the hell I had bought. I started the game and was expecting a menu for a lot of different settings. Not much of that. 
So I started the game, expecting to enter the options menu by pressing "escape". 

The game shut down! Now I really wondered what the hell this was.. But like I said above. I think it is a brilliant game and I can see why there are no pause button needed. Every session is at maximum 15 minutes long which means you will never have to replay more than 15 minutes in case you have to shut down in the middle of the game.

So the game is basically about surviving the nights as the security guard at a place called "Freddy's". At night these cute maskots becomes living creatures and in their mind, I am breaking the rules. So you basically has to stay away from them, not to get stuffed into one of those costumes. Or if they mistake me for a costume and tries to shove a metal skeleton up my ass.

This game is brilliant. You are based in one room and one room only. You can look through 10 (or something like that) security cameras to check where they are. You only use the mouse and use it for a few things, check cameras, close/open doors and the light switch. 

So in means of creating the game, it can be done without having to create these massive worlds of graphical content. So that makes it easier. 

However..

By limit yourself to this small enviroment, you will have to do a brilliant work with the atmosphere. Since the player won't wander through the enviroment thinking that the next country will be better made. 
This tiny enviroment is it, you won't get to see anything else. And in Five nights at Freddy's, the atmosphere is f-ing brilliant. 

The shitty security cameras makes you focus on the screen in order to see anything. So when the jumpscare comes, you are so into the f-ing game that... Well. I did some shouthing and waving with my arms and stuff. There is a super short video on my first real scare but I am working on creating some more content in this post.

Watch some videos on the game if you feel like it is something that might intrest you. If you own a cat, make sure that little furry thing stays away from you while you play. All of a sudden my cat tried to re-decorate my home, wrecked a pile of wooden boxes etc right behind me. 
At first I thought it was Freddy that had come for me IRL.

I am recommending it for sure. Bloody brilliant I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment