Monday, February 8, 2016

H1Z1 what the hell?!

H1Z1 splits into two games


H1Z1: Just Survive and H1Z1: King of the Kill

That is actually something that I was hoping for. They should seperate the two game modes in order to perfect them both. And now that will happen, why am I so upset?

I hate being lied to. And this right here, is bullshit
We saw a similar situation with the PayDay community. The developers decided to make PayDay2 pay-to-win all of a sudden via microtransactions. 
They got the community against them and in order to save face they went out and apologized and changed the game a bit to please the gamers. And that was the only thing to do. The only reason they are making money on their games is because of the gamers, so pay attention developers out there.

Keep the gamers satisfied. Do not, I repeat, Do Not Feed Them Bullshit!

And what H1Z1 just did is exactly that. I will take it from the beginning.

When H1Z1 was released an Early Access title it cost money to play it. But the developers stated that when the final version of the game would get released, it would be free-to-play

By saying that a lot of people simply did not buy the early access, because they would eventually get it for free. And some people, including myself, bought the game thinking it would help the developers out with creating great content for the full release.

I guess it is like this. Ever since someone made that statement, that it would be released for free. They have been furious with the idea about releasing it for free in the end. Since the game became so popular through Twitch streams.
Now they saw an opportunity. By dividing it into two games. The game H1Z1 will not exist anymore, which means they won't break their promise to the public. 

But now they will charge us for the game! And if you want to play both game modes, you will have to pay for them both! So not only did they not make it free to play, they are charging us double! (Not me, I already purchased it. Which means I will get both games for free. So my anger is not because a few dollars, it is the fact that they are bullshitting us).

If they pull this shit on us now. What would stop them from doing shit like this in the future?

Will the game become totally pay-to-win?

Will they stop updating the content all of a sudden unless the gamers purchase an expensive expansion?

People that has read my blog or listened to The Fit Gamer Podcast might have heard me talk about this game in a very positive way. Not anymore though. There are so many games out there to choose from. I would rather spend my time learning a game where I do not expect the developers to eventually fuck me.

I would dare to say this as well. The community surrounding H1Z1 and the Twitch streaming service have been doing all the commercials for the game. The developers have gotten a lot of that for free, helped out by the fans. And this is the thank you?

Here is a link to their own official website where they tell us about the "fantastic" news about the split into two seperate games H1Z1 website

No comments:

Post a Comment