Sunday, February 21, 2016

FM 2016 with DLCs

Football Manager DLCs


It was on Football Manager 2015 that I realized there were DLCs to buy for the game. Earlier, the thought of DLCs for Football Manager felt alien. Why would there be DLCs for it? Who needed it?

Then I looked a bit more on the different content that was available. It was things like "you can not get sacked" and at first I laughed at that one. It is like playing Super Mario not being able to die. But as I thought about the idea of not being able to get sacked, the more I liked it.

The times I want to form a club completely the way I want it. It is usually a period where I try to get rid of certain players and a gap until I can get the players I need/develop young players to fill the roles.
And then I have to play the game in a way that I don't want to play it, in order to avoid getting sacked. 
Using this DLC I can play the game, creating the club the way I want to do it. Not in the full career mode, which sucks - but at least in the FM Touch mode. 

Another thing that it could be good for is to imagine that you or someone that puts his full trust in your manager skills would buy a club. And with the ownership of the club, you can do as you like without getting sacked. Like you can using the DLC.

So I did buy the DLC that allows me to play without getting the sack. I am not used to the FM Touch mode, so I am constantly surprised with what features are in it and which are not. 
There are always opportunities to purchase other DLCs. Like every time my transfer budget is out, they suggest that I buy a DLC that allows me to change that. Or when my players becomes injured, I can purchase a DLC to remove injuries. 
In some ways it feels like playing a mobile game that are for free, but there are adds all over the game. That sucks a lot. But once I learned where those damn commercial buttons are, I can just ignore them. At first, when I did not know what they was, I had to check it out in order to rule them out as regular content in the FM Touch mode.

So like my initial reaction to the DLCs, you can purchase these to make the game easier to play. They can also be used to alter the game after transfer windows, to add the new players into the correct teams (the Editor DLC). There are so many ways to use them. 

I do however wonder one thing. Why is this not just implemented in the game itself. Is there really such a big part of their earnings that they need to make it DLCs for purchase? The prices are really low, so I don't want to argue saying that they are demanding unreasonable amounts for the DLCs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment