Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Games I would love to play in 2016

I want to play these in 2016

This list will be updated as time goes and I see more games around that intrests me.

Firewatch
This game just seem so wonderful in many ways. Great enviroment. Big forest to wander around in. It is an indie game, which of course makes me even more intrested. 
It is focused on atmosphere and the feeling of being in that forest rather than the latest technology. And when it comes to indie games, that is their hope of success since they will not be able to sell their game using the most expensive technology.
That make it really impressive when these indie games turn out great. Because they have to be so great when it comes to getting the players full attention even though not using the newest graphics on the market. 
When it comes to Firewatch, I have heard some about it. And it is mostly the same. In the game you basically don't meet other people. Your only link to the real world is via a radio and the conversations that you have can be deep. 
Is it as based upon your choices as I hope? Great opportunitys. 

Oh and I forgot. You are stalked by a man with  binoculars in the far distance. So while wandering the forest you might not feel as safe as you might think when you first read about this game.



Soma
From the creators of the Amnesia games. That is a statement by itself. This psychlogical thriller has has some fun fact behind it. I heard some rumours about a mod that would remove all the monsters from the game, and some would still consider it to be a terrifying game. To me, that sounds like a great story.
It has been on sale from time to time but I haven't purchased it yet. Looking forward to playing it though. I am expecting a game with great atmosphere considering the Amnesia games they produced before.





XCOM: Enemy Unknown
This game has been called "The Greatest Tactical Game Ever" by characters like Bas from the Fit Gamer Podcast. This is the first game in the series, released in 2012. It is a turn-based game which allows you to really think about how you want to approach the situation.
Aliens are attacking the earth and you are in charge of our last line of defense. Direct your soldies, kill the alien scum and save the world!
Considering the fact that XCOM 2 was released earlier this year, I want to play this game to understand the second one better. And like I said, this is considered to be a great game!


XCOM 2
Like I wrote about XCOM: Enemy Unknown, it is XCOM 2 that I am really looking forward to. However I will play the first game before to get a better understanding about what the game series is all about. 
I am looking forward to kick some alien ass!

Superhot
I saw some video from this game on an early stage. And now when I see news about it being hyped at release it's great. I really liked the concept. The way they use slow motion is brilliant. Time only moves when you move. Freaking amazing! Check out the trailer below. GET HYPED!





Knee Deep


This is one of those games that I spot on Twitter by following some indie game accounts. 

"When a washed-up actor hangs himself on location, a spotlight is cast on the backwater Florida town of Cypress Knee. Your screen becomes a stage on which you investigate this mysterious death as three distinct characters."
- Store page on Steam Found here!

How can I resist it? 
I love investigations. I like the style on the graphics.
There is a downloadable demo on Steam. So I will definitely play that and I would not be too surprised if I end up buying the game after finishing the demo.

No comments:

Post a Comment