Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Made up role models

Finding role models from fictional universes


I felt like I had a brilliant idea for an episode of the podcast. It was going to be about this subject. Finding role models that are actually not real people. Role models that exists only in a movie or serie.

Far from everyone can look at their parents and say that they are having the perfect role models when growing up. Or you just might want a role model that are a different kind of person, teaches a different set of rules.

This was my brilliant idea. I was thinking that I would have loads of movies, series etc where there would be characters that would inspire people in their daily lives.

That sounded great in my head. But when I started to list the actual ones, I came up completely empty. How hard can it be?

Very often when I watch a movie I can find myself wanting to work out more and harder because there is a dude in the movie that is big and muscular

If I watch a movie where there is a character that is inventing great stuff and creates a company from scratch or something.
I find myself getting motivated to do really productive shit that I probably shouldn't even think about.

I don't have the time or the actual knowledge to start a company within certain industries. But I still find myself thinking about doing it just because I get so damn motivated to do something productive with the little spare time that I have.

The whole thing surrounding this blog, the podcast and the Twitch channel is an attempt to be productive and having a project to do.
This might actually be considered a damn excuse to play games and keep track of the gaming community. But on the other hand, it could also be considered quite a genious way of getting something productive out from my intrest in gaming and working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment