Monday, December 7, 2015

Windows 10 First Impression

Windows 10 seems nice but not working properly


So I have been doubting Windows 10 and whether or not it is for me. I have had a few issues with my laptop that runs Windows 7 anyway, so I figured I might just as well upgrade it to Windows 10 and format.


There seems to be a problem to format the computer though. So right now I am just disappointed in this damn operating system. If it is a powerful system, why can't it just reset my damn drives and install Windows 10 again? 

Which is how it is supposed to work...

Post-format

I managed to get the disc formatted by using the super cleansing formula. Windows 10 is running really smoothly at the moment. But that might just be the empty drives not being full of shit.

I have barely used Windows 8 before. I went straight from Windows 7. That means there is a biiiig difference now. The menus and all was remade a lot going into the Windows 8 and even more so now into the Windows 10.

The short amount of time I spent with the Windows 8 was horrible. This Windows 10, I think is easier for me to understand. It has more similarity with Windows 7. The parts of the 7 that was good. 
Have Microsoft actually managed to release a good version?

Ever since the Internet labeled their Windows NT, Windows Nice Try back around year 2000. Microsoft has not always been popular when releasing their new operating systems. And some made the point that releasing Windows 10 for free would be a way to win a lot of confidence back.

A company as big as Microsoft being friendly. How sweet. But would that really be reason enough? In my point of view, there has to be some way they will get a huge profit from this.

How about the fact that millions over millions of people have already installed the system. By releasing it for free they made sure that they will be the biggest company in this market. And here is the thing that we have spoken about a lot at The Fit Gamer Podcast. 

Xbox is Microsoft. Streaming video games is huge nowadays. If Microsoft controls the world of the PC, they will control the streaming business basically. To manage your stream properly, you basically want a PC to do it on. 

Even though you can stream straight from your PlayStation 4. What if Microsoft shuts Sony out? The PlayStation will not be fully compatible with the PC the way the Xbox will be. Playing their cards right, they can take over the console gaming in a few years.

That was a bit off topic I guess. But offers like these makes you wonder what they are really about. 
The first year is free and then you have to pay for it? 

That is one of the things I have heard. Don't really know how it will work out though. I don't think they can freeze 100 million computers in a year if they don't pay. However, they might stop giving away updates and make some really huge updates available at that point in time.
Having a operating system that you can't update will be a security risk immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment