Friday, December 25, 2015

Really Steam?!

Steam.. What the hell!


Tonight I had a plan. I was going to make a video where I browsed through the Steam store showing you guys which games I would recommend. It is a big sale until 4th of January.

When I sat down to prepare the list of games however, I noticed this big error. I was randomly shown other peoples account information. What the hell Steam?!

And are they shutting it all down? Is there any post on Twitter from @Steam_games or @Steam_Support? NO - none!

Twitter is going crazy with the #Steam tag. Who knows how bad this is. At least I don't have any expensive skins or anything on my account. 

Everyone is shown other peoples accounts. Information on credit cards, paypal, email addresses etc... 

If you are using Paypal. Remove Steam from the list of auto-confirming purchases!! It is automatically added to that list.

And with this major, well known security problem I would think that any purchases being made that you later on claim is not you - should get sorted out rather quickly. But who knows... 

Just google Steam hacked reddit or something if you want more info. Twitter is going crazy as well like I wrote above.

No comments:

Post a Comment