Thursday, December 3, 2015

Star Wars - The Old Republic

Star Wars - The Old Republic is a great game

But you have to pay for it


So during the last episode of The Fit Gamer Podcast I spoke about this game. That I had seen it on a stream and felt that I really wanted to try it again.

Later that night I installed it. When I purchased the game years ago, it was not a free to play game. It is partly that now. You can play it for free. But they are not making life easy for you.

You are limited in so many ways and it is starting to piss me off after just a few hours of playing. I am used to having full access to every feature and now I feel so limited.

For example. Since I have played it a lot before, I do have some high level characters. Now I cannot send any money via mail in the game between the characters.
And I can only send one item in each mail. That is a big pain in my ass

Well, lets say that I am not bothered by that and that I just want to enjoy the story. 

The f-ing UI is limited when you are not paying a monthly fee!

I can't get rested exp bonus when not paying a monthly fee!

Are they even having a lot of subscribers paying each month? Do they not earn more money from commercial etc by just having more people playing the game?

Yes, there is the side of it saying: If you don't pay, don't whine! 

This is more of a post explaining for people that it is a wonderful game with the full experience. I believe it is 15$ USD per month to be able to play it fully. 

Personally that is not something worth buying since I won't spend that much time playing it. If you are a Star Wars fan and want to experience a wonderful universe, it is probably worth paying for a few months to explore the game. It is simple math. If you pay for a few months, it will cost you the same amount of money as purchasing another game I guess.

I have never really played the end game. I have mostly just been leveling up different characters to check out the different stories. And the stories that takes you to different parts of the Star Wars universe is amazing.

But using this link http://www.swtor.com/free/features you can see what kind of limits there are. You basically don't get access to anything at all without paying for it. 

As a free to play game, I don't believe it is worthy of your time to be honest. There are so many games out there that will give you a better experience I think. But if you are intrested. Install it for free and check it out, then you might want to pay for a month to get the full content. 
When I played the game for the first time I had the full content. The servers were full of people, I don't know how many people that are playing it now. And a lot of the content demands you to find a group for certain quests etc. 

So there better be enough players on the servers..

No comments:

Post a Comment