Tuesday, August 18, 2015

New Scream series! Anything like the movies?

I know what you screamed last friday 13th


First of all. I have only seen the first episode of the Scream series and I do not think that this text will spoil anything for you guys. So just keep reading without the fear of getting the ending revealed to you. And I am a big fan of the Scream movies. Which meant that I was really expecting to be let down by the series. I watched the first episode with an open mind though and I got surprised, in a positivt way!

By watching the first Scream movie alone, you understand that the writers are having fun with other horror movies. Scream is kind of a parody on horror movies but still has a lot of value as a scary movie.
Like for example. The janitor at the school is named Freddy and he wears clothing similar to Freddy Krueger (from the movies A nightmare on Elm Street). Or the fact that one of the characters is named 'Loomis', like a character from Halloween. That shit is funny in my opinion. It makes people like me enjoying finding these small things. And people that have not seen the other productions, they are not bothered by those hints because they don't effect the story at all. They still get a nice horror movie to watch. 

This new series that MTV has produced has a lot of the same ideas I believe (I have only watched the first episode). Like the title of this text suggests I believe I can see references to other scary movies, not just Scream. 
I believe that in some ways states that the producers of the series are making a good job of understanding some of the original ideas of Scream as a scary movie with fun hints hidden inside.

I could just be making connections that are not really supposed to be there. Like I want to be able to see connections with other franchises and because of that I see them. I will continue to watch this new series for sure. 

I did not say which horror movies I have seen hints of in this series. It has to do with the main plot though, which means they are not stuff like a name or what clothes a character is wearing. Some will be able to figure it out from the title but it is not crystal clear and those are old movies now. Do you see any references to old scary movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment