Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Why So Evil - The Game!

Why So Evil?













Of course I had to fall for that. The part in me that always wants to beat the people challenging me. This is why I try to avoid some casual friendly games with friends, I need to win! Otherwise it's no fun ^_^
So I looked at the Steam store. What do I see? Why so evil. A game that is like on sale for 90% of the cost which means I can buy if for something like 0.30 euros. The text about the game was this:

"No saving! No checkpoints! No mercy! 50 levels of pure evil, traps, secrets and a lot of ways to die! We challenge every single gamer to complete this game! It's not if you can beat it, but how far you can get! A game that will make you ask WHY SO EVIL.."

I fell for their trap I'd say. I took that text as a personal challenge. I have to beat this game!
I figure I will need to be able to play for quite some time straight to be able to have a shot at defeating the game. I have tried it once since my purchase and it is definitely doable. 
You are a cube bouncing around moving around objects that will try to push you off the board or just annihilate you on impact. If I were to control a ball that would have been a easy game. The fact that you are a cube and tries to roll around makes the physics a bit more challenging and it adds some extra excitement to it as well. 
Since you are a cube you can roll on the sharp edges or you can just flip over on the broad sides. 
Using WASD to control that is awkward at first but you will soon get used to it. 

I think I died like 90 times during the first session I played. However I got through a looot of levels. You can die over and over again, that is no problem. The game counts your deaths though. The thing is that you can't turn the game off and then continue where you were. 
That means, I know one lever in particular that I am going to struggle with once again to pass. The other ones were mostly deaths because I was figuring out how the different objects were moving, in what patterns they moved etc.

If you want a challenge, it was definitely worth the money since it was so cheap. There are no awesome new age graphics. It is not about that, it is about the challenge itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment