Monday, November 2, 2015

Hearthstone season ended

Hearthstone season is over


First of all. I don't consider myself a Hearthstone ranked player. I just haven't played it enough and I did not really know which rank that was actually Legend. Turns out that Rank 1 is Legend. I thought it was something like in Counter Strike or League of Legends. Bronze 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc and then you go onto Silver 1,2,3,4 etc. So I was surprised when I learned that there was only one ladder.
This was my first time actually playing ranked to go lower than the one rank you can't miss, rank 20. (When having a higher rank than 19 you can't lose rank. Which means that you can simply just spam matches and eventually you will reach rank 20 and get a reward at the end of the season.) 
I managed to get rank 15 and the game told me I was among the top 30% of the players that has played ranked during this season. 
Wow. Really? What if I put a serious effort into this new season. 
How far can I go? 
I mean, I did not play very much. And I love statistics like that. The devil in me that feeds on competitive energy just woke up and he is fierce!



Said and done, I have started to play it from the start now. My Hunter deck with extremely cheap cards to give me the chance to bomb down the enemy hero quickly. 
Problem is that if I have not won after turn 7 or something, I will run out of cards in my hand and I have no way of drawing extra cards. Then it is basically over and a defeat for me.

Below there is a picture of a fun game. I have never had that Hyena being that strong. The combination of a trap with spiders and a spell releasing as many dogs as the enemies have minions allowed me to get a lot of beasts on the board. And as I killed them one by one the Hyena gained strength like crazy.
But this is a good example of how the deck works. It is turn 4 and the game is about to end. I need to be quick or I lose.




I still don't have all the cards that is actually in the original deck. I haven't unlocked the wings in solo adventures yet. I am slowly getting the gold from quests and wins when playing ranked. I actually think that this Hyena is not in the original deck and will be removed eventually. 
This does not happen very often which makes me want to replace it with cards from the solo adventures.

If you haven't tried finding a deck through guides on the Internet and try ranked to see how far you can go. Try it, you might also get surprised at the results. Fast matches and you can play it on your phone. 
I haven't paid anything for Hearthstone so far and I don't see myself spending money in the future either. By farming gold and playing arena you can craft cards and build your deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment