Monday, November 23, 2015

Payday 2 devs tries to win back community

Payday 2 devs apologizes


This has been a huge thing lately. When Payday 2 released micro-transactions that could be called "Pay-to-Win". The system is not something sensational. A lot of games are using that.

However...

These particular developers had previously promised the community surrounding Payday that this would never happen. And yet... it did. 

So now they have released a blog post saying that they screwed up and that they are sorry. But will they remove the feature?

I did not get that impression after reading fragments about it. They say stuff like "I must stress however that we cannot currently make any promises but these are the things we will be discussing as we move forward."
But like I said, I did not read the entire blog post. I just read an article on it and felt I had to update the blog some. Since I already mentioned this mess several times on the blog and on the podcast.

Will saying sorry repair the damage done if they don't back on the whole "pay-to-win" thing?

If I understood it correctly there will be a small chance to get the loot in the game without paying for it. But I am guessing it will be quite rare.

I own a copy of the game. But I will never play that shit online for rewards. I will just play the story mode co-op. That is it. Which means that I am not really affected by this shit. But all together, I feel that they are risking the future of this series based upon this. 

Will the fans buy the next game? 

Will some other developer release a similar game in order to try to take over this community? The players are there, just come and grab them.

The blog post can be found HERE and reading a bit more of it there seems to be them trying to convince players to keep playing due to them talking about future tournaments and prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment