Sunday, January 3, 2016

Music is my meditation

Music is a big part of my life


I am a lot about motivation. And music is a great way for me to find motivation.


I can have a really shitty day and everything is against me. I might have hit my head in the kitchen cabinets, hit my toe when walking past a chair and just random stuff like that making life a little less enjoyable.

Then I have a shift at work starting soon as well.

What do I do?


I start my Mp3-player or use my phone for Spotify and play music that always gets me in a good mood. Below there is a song that always makes me feel good.




"Was it life I betrayed for the shape that I'm in?"
I can often interpret that as all the parties and fun things through life that I have turned down. But now I do have my body and health to be satisfied with. I actually stumbled across that song when watching a video called "Best of Jay Cutler" back in the days. So it has always been an inspirational video to me.

No, I haven't sacrificed even close to what Jay Cutler has. Nor am I near the shape that he is in. But the music puts me in a great mental state. And that is what matters.

For some reason I do enjoy a lot of Marilyn Mansons calm songs. I don't think the message I pick up in them for motivation is the message that was intended. But anything that works for me, right?


Soundtrack when walking around



When walking around with music in my ears I feel like the music is controlling everything around me and I can just float around feeling calm and happy. Nothing matters, everything just is. 
It is actually quite nice and is important for me. 

The times when I often listen to music is on the way to and from work. And when I go to the gym. The gym is not even necessary to mention since it always makes me feel at home. 
But the most intresting upsides is when I go from work with music in my ears. 
When I am not at work, I need to drop everything surrounding it. My mind need to think about other things than what I do think about when I am actually at work. I really love my job but I can't walk around at home thinking about it.

I work within the hospital business and meets a lot of people with sad stories to tell. Taking negative feelings like that with me on my free time, that would hurt me in the long run. And when my shift ends, I put the music in my ears and just goes into a great state of mind. Calm!

This is perhaps my way of finding a calm and peaceful place in this hectic world that we live in.
Have you found yours?

I have a hard time with things like yoga and massages. That is my personal experience though. If that is the answer to some people, I'd say 'good for them'. Everyone needs to find that calmness somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment