Friday, January 15, 2016

Periodic Fasting & More

Lets talk fasting

This ain't no f-ing scientific article or some shit like that. This is me mentioning shit that that I find intresting. Got any questions or want some deeper knowledge, msg me on Twitter or leave a comment.

Fasting is something done by certain cultures to celebrate traditions. But it is also used by medical staff to relieve the intestines from stress in order to heal an inflammation and in the world of fitness it is used as a way to diet.

To have a full fast based on just drinking water is not something used by a lot of athletes regurarly, for obvious reasons. You simply would have no energy for your workouts.

There are however something called Periodic Fast. That means that you fast every day, but only for 16 hours. Then you have 8 hours left in which you are allowed to eat.
It takes some planning but it should be no problem to eat all your calories for the day during these 8 hours.

I did this for some time and I enjoyed it. But I failed to continue doing it when my working hours changed. And now I feel that there is no point in even trying to make a schedule that would work.

One day my working day starts at 7am and the next day it can start at 2pm. When the hours differs so much and I have not a lot of opportunity to eat while at work it is tough. I can't even work out at the same time each day either which make it even harder.

That means I would trying to perform a workout without eating before or after. And that would be catabolic, breaking down the body.

I have friends that do have regular working hours, being able to work out at the same time every day and they are happy about this method. Exactly like I was when I could keep it up.


A few years back there were soo many people soo sure that you had to eat every third hour not to be unhealthy. What a load of crap!

You don't have to eat every third f-ing hour to keep your metabolism alive. And when it comes to gaining or losing weight, unless you are suffering from a medical condition. The formula is calories in – calories out. Enough said!

When it comes to fasting longer periods of time, like for an entire day every once in a while. I suppose the main reason is to allow your intestines to rest. When you don't eat, there won't be anything to digest.

If you feel like you won't be able to do any fasting because your blood glucose dips too low. If you still are intrested in things like this, I suggest that you go see your doctor in order to take a quick blood sample for the glucose levels after you have been fasting for the night.

A lot of people that say they have to eat something because their glucose are low are probably experiencing something else. Not everyone! Not saying that you can ignore what you feel. I am saying, make an appointment before playing around with fasting if you think you will get affected in a bad way.
Because some people actually are sensitive for not eating regurarly.

No comments:

Post a Comment