Sunday, September 6, 2015

Army of TWO

Army of TWO


This is the game series that I have probably spent the most time playing on my Play Station 3. At least in the last 3 years. It is three different games with a story that is connected.

This is the first game. It was released back in 2008.

This is the second game. Released in 2009. Not too long time between these games.


And the third game and the ending to this trilogy.

So why do I write about these games?
I FUCKING LOVE THEM! As co-op games they are fantastic. The characters are humoristic as well. I like Lethal Weapon, the movies. And the jokes between those guys is quite similar to this.
It is not something that perhaps two really good gamers would play for a long period of time though. I played these with my wife actually. So it is a really nice game for people that aren't hardcore gamers. Gamers can appreciate a lot in this too, don't think this is just too easy. Some parts requires some tactics and skill. And the humor makes it relaxing and fun compared to a lot of other games that are more hardcore. 
But it is really enjoyable when playing with someone not used to these kinds of games or the controllers. Since it is co-op you can use each others strengths and be successful.

Lets say that you are facing a big ass machine gun. He is protected while he fires at you. Which means one has to draw his attention while the other sneaks up around to fire at his back. Needless to say, I told my wife to wait here and while she got mad and yelled that she got fired upon I sneaked around killing the dude. Nah just kidding. But that would have been fun though. The games can probably be finished without fancy tactics, although the gaming experience is so good when you try to use different strategies to kill the enemies.

The weapons and stuff is not something that you have from the beginning. You earn money from your missions and then you can unlock weapons. And the cool thing with this game is that you can make many changes to your weapon. You can get a soda can to make your gun more silent, get many different sights and you can even paint your gun in gold to feel real gangsta!
I spend a lot of time browsing the different possibilities to get the gear I prefer. I really love rifles that allows me to kill enemies from a distance. And I don't know why but I always go for the Desert Eagle. No matter what game I play. I love that shit!

The story in these games are not the best I guess. But it is definitely entertaining in a Roman kind of way. I really enjoy it. There are a lot of typical military, tough guy humor. And the plot twists are good as well.
During some missions you get to make choices and after you make the choice you get to see what happends next. Was it a mistake? Most of it is just hilarious though.

If you do it like I did, and play them after one another you might feel like I did. Fucking pissed when you make mistakes just because some controls are changed between the games or that the feature in the options menu that you liked have disappeared. But you will get used to it quite fast though and you are enjoying it full time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment