Thursday, September 3, 2015

Latest purchase from Steam sale - GRID

GRID

by Codemasters

So I found a cool racing game for 2.59 Euros. I love these Steam sales! Usually I have purchased some really cheap Indie game but now I got lucky.
Since I haven't had a good controller for my PC before I have not played any racing games for several years on the PC.
I have played a few on Play Station 3 though, like Colin McRae Dirt series.

When I saw that it was Codemasters that had produced this game I was happy. I believe that their games usually are well done and the company has been in the business for a long time.



Like I said, I haven't tried other racing games on this computer before and I know that this game is quite old at the time. Released 2008 if I am not mistaken. 
I think that this game have some really nice graphics, nice enviroments and stuff. Especially since I got it for such a nice price. 

I guess that you could argue that the game is a bit old and the dynamics should be a lot better in the new generation of games. Although this is some amazing shit if I look back to see what games I grew up playing all day long. 
I am not sure what I think about the handling of the cars. Or how it works when I collide with other cars. I am a huge fan of the Dirt Series which means I like to drive on surfaces that allows you to drift through the curves.
When going on tarmac I feel like I am losing a lot of time each time the car begins to spin just a little. In the dirt that does not seem to matter since you can have a high speed and just drift past the ones slowing in to take the curve in a more controlled fashion.

So far I am just trying out some game mode where I get to accept different challenges from different teams offering me bonuses, for finishing in a certain place or higher than a specific team. I am hoping that I can start to buy cars and mod them or something to build a career of my own. When I first started the game I got the impression that was a part of it. But I might be wrong. I just might be wrong.

Anyway, if you want a racing game and this game is still on sale. I would recommend buying it since the price is so good. But if you are picky when it comes to old games, you better just get the new ones out there. It is perfect to blow off some steam and just burn down the road in 200 Mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment