Monday, September 14, 2015

Red Dead Redemption

So I am playing this game again.


I will just assume it was about Metal Gear Solid I read what made me play Red Dead Redemption. I read a review and it said something like "Best horse physics since Red Dead Redemption"




So I just felt the urge to ride around in the open world. Maybe I can be arsed to finish the game this time or at least come close to finish it. 
There was always new games calling my name from the shelf. And games like this and Grand Theft Auto has not been the sort of games that I have finished. 
When it comes to GTA I think it was the controls that bummed me out. A game where you are supposed to do so much. The controls were good when driving around. But I felt that the shooting part of the game was not how I liked it to be. 

Anyway. I started to play Red Dead Redemption again. Started from scratch. Which meant I had to hunt fucking rabbits again to learn how to ride etc. I got surprised about how nice the controls were. Like GTA, I remember struggling with the controls in this game. 

So now I have bought myself a room at the saloon in town. I am focusing on the quests mostly to make the story go forward. But to get some time on the horse back I am riding between most places instead of using the map to quick travel.


I keep having a hard time spotting which characters are the bad guys when there are random shootings though. Which unfortunately means death to innocent people. I shoot first, ask questions later. 
I keep getting surprised at the animations when I play. Last night I used my rifle and a bandit came up really close. Then my character kneeled down, firing the rifle upwards. Blowing his head off like people commit suicide. The sequense was not long and movie like. It was nicely timed which made the rest of the shootout run smoothly while I still got the "wow feeling".
This is no new game. Which means that I play it with a feeling of nostalgia. It is not THAT old like Super Mario from 1990's etc but still. It brings forth memories from a few years back. And I can just relax and enjoy the enviroments.

No comments:

Post a Comment