Saturday, September 5, 2015

When on a diet

When on a diet


I am not saying that this is some sort of truth when it comes to losing weight. This is not a method either. This is merely a text about my personal experiences and how it has worked out for me. Like I say in the text as well, we are all different. We have different ways to do things - that goes for losing weight as well. 
This is just a short text on the subject. My main point is that it is important to think these things through before you start. What is my goal? What is my motivation?

Today there are literally thousands of different methods of how to lose weight. Honestly though, is it not quite clear that if you eat less calories than you burn you will lose weight?
I mean even if some things tend to increase your metabolism by 0.001% or something it is not something you have to add into the equation.

Calories in - calories out

Enough said!

We are different individuals for sure. Some people might actually have a real issue with their glucos levels if they don't eat for a long time (we are talking about hours, not days). Although most people will not have any problems with that, except for the routine of eating on certain times I guess. 

Our bodies are great at adapting. Let's use that to our advantage.

Personally, I have been losing weight successfully over the last 13 years. Which means I know exactly how I can do it. Like I said, we are all different. Not all people will be able to do it the way I do it. A lot has to do with your determination.

You don't have to exercise to lose weight. If we just cut back on the calories we eat we can lose weight without having to move a single muscle. You will have to remember though that by losing weight your body is going into a state where it realizes that it is not getting enough energy. It will start to use muscle mass to feed your cells. And of course you will lose fat as well. But bottom line is, you will also lose muscles. 
By working out while you lose weight you are telling your body that you need your muscles and somehow the body understands that. And you will not lose as much muscles as you would by not working out. 

If you do want to exercise to lose weight you can eat more than the person doing it by just controlling their diet. Since when you exercise your body will burn a certain amount of calories, and that leaves an opening for you to eat an extra meal. The big problem though, is that many people do start to work out and then they are rewarding themselves with way too much and they just gain weight instead of losing it. 
There are websites and apps for these calculations where you can count the food you eat and the exercise you perform. It will all be an estimate but you will do fine just by having these estimates. 

Many different methods are out there. Many different diets. I would say that everything works if you do it properly. I hear some diets saying: "Eat all that you want!" That is not something I would believe though. 
And some work out products come with instructions on how to eat. In some cases the food you are supposed to eat are so low in calories that you will definitely lose weight. Regardless of using their workout product or not. So, get informed of the method you choose. Think about it, does it make any sense? If yes, go for it!

Are there any way of controlling your hunger?
There are tons of suppliments out there that tells you that it will remove your hunger, burn a lot of calories etc. Don't pay high prices for shit like that unless you really want that product. In a motivational purpose it can be great using a cool product. I have used a lot of different products over the years and I have found myself really motivated to train when using stuff that will tell me that I will get all these amazing results from them. 
Did the products really work? Probably not the product itself. But I got motivated, which made me work my ass off which meant I got nice results.
Nowadays all I use is caffeine. If I have understood it correctly we all respond differently to caffeine. Some people are not really effected at all by it while some get an amazing boost in energy and overall feeling good about yourself.

To get energy you can either sleep, eat or take supplements. If you decide to eat less, your body will need energy from another source. Personally I can remember sleeping a lot during the times of weightloss. By sleeping my body recharged and while sleeping I did not have to think about all the stuff I would love to eat.
It might be because my body is extracting energy from the caffeine pills but I really feel that the feeling of hunger disappears. There are however supplements that is advertised as removing feelings of hunger while giving energy. I have tried a few of those over the years as well. I don't have anything against those, I just feel that since I have found caffeine pills that cost me like 0.025 euros per pill I don't want to pay for other more expensive supplements.

So how have I done it? 
I have a personality that is the key for my success when it comes to dieting. If I decide to do something, I do it. When it comes to dieting. If I need to work out to burn X amount of calories, I have been doing that. In the most extreme times I were doing cardio twice a day. And if I decide not to eat unhealthy food or a lot of calories - I don't. 
So find some way to motivate yourself! We all have different things that motivates us. Why do you want to lose weight? Why do you want to work out and get muscles? 
If you don't really have a goal with it all, then it will be hard to motivate you to do the extra work.
And put up several goals. Not just one big goal. You need small goals as well. When you reach the smaller ones, you will get motivated to move on to the next goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment