Friday, September 18, 2015

DreamHack goes to London

DreamHack London

DreamHack is growing in popularity. Not weird at all. The scene of eSports is growing and DreamHack is a big stage for eSports teams to show off their skills. 

On one hand there is this big LAN where people bring their own computers to play games and just hang out with thousands of other gamers. I think it is more of a spectacle nowadays though with the big pro scene. 
There is tournaments where the big teams battle it out. And there are also events where you can challenge the pro players. I remember going 1on1 against some big Counter Strike player. After standing in line, waiting for my turn to test my luck. If I remember correctly it was like 5 rounds on some aim map. If I were to win I would get some T-shirt or whatever.
I did not win more than 1 round I believe. But it was really cool to be able to do that, play against the big names.

When I visited DreamHack there were all these cool booths with company wanting to show their equipment. All kinds of fast food and all the beverages a gamer could ever desire. 

A big part of it was in fact just walking around, checking out all the insane setups people brought. They had spent thousands of dollars on their computers. Just ridiculous lighting, transparent parts of the chassi that made it all look like a disco.

I hope that the people of Britain enjoys having DreamHack in London and that it is the beginning of an annual tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment