Friday, September 25, 2015

Arsenal on Football Manager 2015

Going Arsenal on FM15

Yes I do not like Arsenal as a team. But hey! If I feel like I have to bash a player after a performance, at least I won't feel bad about it! 
Perhaps I am limited by that when I play with teams and players that I really like in real life. And sometimes it is nice to see everything from another point of view. Hell, when I lose to Man Utd I might not get as upset as I get when I lose with Man Utd against Arsenal!

What is the first thing I should do?
Replace all the medical staff! The injuries over the past few years is insane in Arsenal. Look at that poor Wilshere. Just now, he got injured again looking like he will miss another 3 months of the season. It does not matter if he plays for Arsenal. A player that talented deserves better than so many injuries. And is it just me, or does young english player suffer a lot of injuries?
RIght off the bat I am thinking about Sturridge as well. Oh, and Walcott. At some point I read or heard something regarding their speed. When they train their muscles to make them being able to run really fast, maybe they leave themselves vulnerable to injuries?

I am talking about players at a young age doing specific training to have a great speed. There are a lot of muscle injuries on them? 

Some young players just seem to have bad luck. Look at Luke Shaw in Champions League the other week. I feel for him, really. That had nothing to do with what he did, just the ignorance of the opponent going in for a mad tackle.

In many ways I can appreciate the way Arsenal has acted on the transfer market during the past 10 years. A lot of the reason why I started to cheer for Man Utd was because they were playing a lot of young players from their own youth development. 
Arsenal have not spent big sums of money for big names very often. They have been smart and buying cheap and then developing the players.
The biggest example is from 1998ish with Thierry Henry. What Wenger did then was a miracle. He saw the talent that was in Thierry. And it is not just Wengers doing. Henry is really clever and I have heard some of his old coaches over the years talking about how intelligent that man is.

So with that in mind, I can somehow play with Arsenal despite the fact that I'd love to see them lose in real life since it would be good for Man Utd. And bloody hell! Danny Welbeck is at Arsenal now. I felt robbed when he left but if he wanted to try something else I am cheering for him, hoping that he will be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment