Thursday, October 8, 2015

CS:GO items with crazy value

The value of skins in CS:GO is crazy

According to gamereactor.se a collection of skins has the value of 230 000 US Dollars. That is not items that makes your character in the game better in any way. It is only skins, it changes the appearence of the items you are currently equipping. 

How crazy is that! Are there really gamers out there paying these insane prices? With all the money that is involved in the community now, it is not impossible. 

You don't have to be the best player in the world, win tournaments etc to earn big bucks. You can be a popular streamer and earn big money from people subscribing to your channel, sponsors wanting to be seen on your stream etc.
So maybe some people tries to get more viewers by geetting the coolest looking gear.

When using Google to find out a bit more surrounding this subject I found people thinking it is the russian mafia using the world of gaming to launder money. CS:GO is not the first game where people have been saying that though. It started with World of Tanks and Team Fortress 2, I am not saying it is a fact, just that there are apparently rumours.





A video where they show a crazy collection



I don't even use skins with the value of 1 Dollar. When I play and get loot that is skins etc I am usually just selling it to be able to buy some cheap Indiegames for the profit. Unless I get a skin as a gift from someone of course, then I would not sell it of course. 
But if someone has the money to spend on these items I am not going to complain. It gives me a reason to check it out and be amazed by the amounts of money we are talking about. 
However if I would play a game really much I would definitely buy skins etc to make it more fun. In League of Legends for example, I have a lot of skins from the time when I played it a lot. Nowadays though when I play so many different ones I don't care about the appearence of my character in the same way.
The world is changing and it is the world of gaming that is growing rapidly. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment