Tuesday, October 13, 2015

PlayStation Now

PlayStation Now Launched


Sony has launched a new service that allows you to stream games via the PlayStation Network to your console. There are over 100 PS3 titles in the service. Even old PlayStation2 titles are available like Shadow of the Colossus.
The service is compatible with PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.

You can have a one week trial period for free. But unless you actively quit you will automatically sign up for the service. So don't forget to tell them that you don't want to continue.

So this service will stream the games. That means that you will need a fast and stable connection. The service will be testing your connection when you log on to make sure you will be able to use it. 
Another thing though, if you are idle for too long (how long?) you will get disconnected to make room for other players. 
They need their bandwidth it seems.

If you don't want access to all of the games for the price of 12.99 (pounds I think it is) you can rent one game instead for 2.99 (pounds?). If you are a person that don't feel like games has any value once you have beaten them. This might be something for you.
Personally I would not prefer to play my games this way. I prefer to be able to go back to playing the game every now and then. And I am a sucker for physical copies.

But like I said. It could be a great thing for many gamers out there! If you play through a few games a month this could be a profitable way to get hold of the games. I am not sure about how many new titles there will be here though. It sounds like there are just PS3 titles so far? As well as the ones from PS2 as well. But there are most definitely some good old titles that you have missed over the years.

I think the service is only available in the UK. So no wonder I took a guess that it was pounds? It can have changed however, don't know when the news I read were from. This sounds like something they would definitely try in other parts of the world, not just in the UK.

I remember that Nintendo pulled something like it a few years back with Nintendo Wii. You could buy the old NES games and play them on your Wii.

My source was the Gamereactor app. Hopefully we can hear about Sony releasing it in more regions soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment