Thursday, October 15, 2015

Rage and strange movies

Rage and weird movies


So I played The Walking Dead the other night. Just after two hours of gaming time the game stops. And like after every movie all the name of the actors and random crew members are shown. That was rolling for a good 5 minutes. 
I was shocked. That was it?!
Was that all I got?

Luckily I had a few other things stealing my attention while the names of every little part in the game were scrolling down on my screen. Otherwise I probably would have just turned the damn thing off and never started it again, thinking that was the end. Oh my god! They sell that shit for 20 euros or something?!

But then I got back to the main menu and realized I could choose other episodes. Phew! It was only the first episode that was finished. I will get to play more!

If you watched the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) and The Ultimate Fighter (basically Big Brother with fighters living in the same house, fighting about who will get kicked off each week). Anyway, if you were following any of that you might know who the brittish fighter Michael Bisping is.
Quite the character, and I mean. He is british. Anyway. I was watching this really strange movie tonight. It was called The Anomaly and that name really suites the movie. In this movie anyway, there is this russian? guy called Sergio. He does not speak english, more than a few words. 
I keep thinking. I remember this guy from somewhere. The character does not speak a lot in the movie. So I won't be able to catch Bisping from his language. And then I realize that it is Michael Bisping! Playing a russian gangster! Wow. 
I mean. Is there anyone on this planet who speaks more british than him? So fun to see him in a role where the character does not know many words of english.

Then there was a big fighting scene and all I could think of was how fun it must have been for the actor to go up against Bisping in a scripted fight. Would not have been as much fun if there were no script saying how it should end or how damaged anyone would get.

Having a fighter in a movie is not unusual though. There are a number of famous fighters that have been starting a career in acting. What better place to find bad asses than in the actual fighting world?
Great advertisement as well. These fighers have a huge amount of fans and they will probably go see a movie where their favorite actor is playing a part. Even if he is called Sergio and tries to be gangster.

So how was the movie? The Anomaly was really strange but after a while when everything started to make sense, it was actually a good movie I'd say. Plus there are a lot of testosterone in there so I sit and watch the movie feeling the motivation to go work out just flow through my body. 
 I could recommend it if you like movies where the story might be hard to understand at first. And there are some nice actors and messed up shit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment