Wednesday, October 14, 2015

HD Remakes

Zelda Twilight Princess HD remake are rumoured to be the next thing.


These HD remakes are not a bad thing I'd say. Okay, not all of them will be awesome but many of the titles are really popular. I would like to try the remakes of Resident Evil for one thing. The ones being against these remakes are often negative towards the old clunky controls. The completely new games do have a much better response in the controls. For example Bloodborne, you can dodge incoming attacks by evading without a problem. 
In these old games the timing is tough because you don't have controls that are that perfected. It sounds like a lot of bla bla but most of you probably know of what I am rambling about. 

My problem is that a lot of the old games that I try to play is simply too old. They are not compatible with new computers it seems. But buying remastered versions allow me to play them anyway, which is awesome. However, this means I pay twice for the same game. That sucks though. 
Baldurs Gate 1&2 are games like this. I got like graphical glitches from installing the old game. The new version is working f-ing perfect though.

The voices from the characters in that game has effected me more than I actually realize. Just the other day I played it and heard a comment ingame and I was like. Ooooh! That is where I get that phrase from!! I have a few phrases I use that I really don't know where they come from.

Does it mean that the developers are running out of ideas? When they start to create new versions of the old games. 

Is it a way to milk more money from the fans to certain big game series?
One problem is that different generations care about different things. A great example is Batman. During the 90's Batman was child friendly as fck. The generation that were kids back then are now adults and so is Batman. The kids nowadays does not care about Batman. They have new cartoon characters like an angry bird and stuff like that. 

So Batman grew up, became a super graphical video game series where Joker is a psychotic mass murderer and the movies are kind of scary as well. Yes, there are some kids friendly stuff with Batman as well. But Batman has grown up along with his fans.

So before I get too old to play video games (which probably is never but the industry won't take any chances I suppose) they want to re-release the games I used to play when growing up. Like I said, I don't think it is a bad thing. I get the chance to play through some really great games again with renewed graphics and stuff. 
But if you want to be negative you can just say that they don't want to take chances by creating new games. And we always want new stuff! 
How long will the gaming industry be able to create new content? Will not everything been done soon?
If you look back at the 1950's or something. People said that now the tecnique has peaked. What else is there to invent. Hah! We have traveled into space, have small computers as phones and there are a few hundred Tv channels to choose from. The future is always around the corner, it would be foolish to think that the gaming industry won't keep evolving constantly. 
We will have new games with new concept coming. What is mainstream will change and that will probably effect the way we look at games.

No comments:

Post a Comment