Saturday, October 24, 2015

Roman goes top lane

Top Lane Roman


Worlds is at the moment making every League of Legends player extra motivated. So am I. A couple of weeks back I figured that jungling would be a great position to learn. 
Since I don't play very much I prefer to choose one role to be a better player. It turns out that top lane is where I am going instead. And I like it. 

Top is a special lane. You are often left alone to farm for a long time. And if you have teleport you can impact other lanes and objectives. What champions do I consider my favorites in the top lane?

Even though it is probably best to play whatever you are most comfortable with at my level I still want to play champions that have an edge. 
Nasus for example becomes a big ass turret killing maching with his Q. And he is hard to kill while he can just smash the enemies with Q over and over again during fights.



Another champion that I really like is Fiora. She is banned away often nowadays though. But she is mobile and can deal the true damage by using her vital points.



My latest project is to learn Riven though. She is tough as nails if you can play her well. If you can't however you might suck for the rest of the game not being able to make an impact. She is super mobile, can do a looot of damage and with her mobility she should be able to stay safe as well.



I do like to play ranged champions. It is so much easier to farm safely. But the laning against tough champions will eventually be a disaster when they can close the distance. Besides if I play a ranged champion I will have a hard time being tanky the way I want to be. That is a big part of playing top lane, being a tanky bad ass. 
The jungler not always go tank and then it is more important than ever for me to have a tanky champion.

Irelia is a champion that is tough and a safe choice I believe. That might just be me though since I have played her for a few years so she feels easy and natural to play. Not often I do that nowadays though.



No comments:

Post a Comment