Thursday, October 15, 2015

Minecraft Story Mode

Minecraft Story Mode will fool a lot of kids


Telltale Games are really popular when it comes to creating great stories. If you have read this blog recently you might know that I have played The Walking Dead Episode 1 recently. 
I would say though, that playing these games where you are creating a story. You would have to be quite good at the english language to understand what choices you make and probably to understand what is happening as well.
On the version that is available on through Steam there are texted versions available for spanish, french, german, russian, chinese and portoguese. 
A lot of kids will get this game as a gift or will bully their parents into buying it without knowing what it actually is.

It is not Minecraft! You don't get to run around and build stuff the sandbox style! 

The trailer linked from Youtube

I would definitely be able to watch that trailer and still think it is a normal sandbox game but there is a story to it. Like you'd have to build certain things, rebuild a city that is ruined after a disaster or something.
I mean, aren't all trailers shown like this? Not actual gameplay but movie-like scenes.

I am not saying Telltale Games or Microsoft is making anything wrong here. I just say that I think there will be some people that will purchase the game without understanding what it is. Hell, I did not really know what Telltale Games were until quite recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment