Friday, October 30, 2015

Dead Sea

Dead Sea purchased




I am not sure why. Maybe I simply like to torture myself. I bought another early access game. I would say that i have at least 10 of them in my Steam library. And I am pretty sure some of them will never leave the developing state and become a finished product. But I guess I am thrilled by the idea of purchasing a product cheaply in the early stages and then it will grow to be something big. And that would leave me with an advantage having played it since the early days.

The latest addition is Dead Sea. I installed it and was surprised of how big the game is. Took a while do download. 
Then I started the game and I got to see sand. A whole lot of sand! Not much else though since I died from thirst and too much sun. It warned me that it is challenging. I like that in a game. Surviving is not supposed to be easy!




So, a lot of sand huh? I did find some water bottles and something to eat. That helped me for a few minutes. A few issues though. 
The controls are not to be found anywhere in-game. I guessed my way into surviving 5 minutes. I need to know how I can pick up stuff and build shelters etc. There were boards on the ground that I did not know how to interract with. 

I like the idea of a survival game in the desert. You can argue that a lot of games is out there and all has been done already. But there is yet to be a big survival game in the desert. So good idea developers!

If I understood the texts correctly there will be different events like sand storms to make it harder. And that sand storms were the only thing implemented so far. And as you can see on the image above, there are likely to be some big ass monsters as well.

This game surely has potential. I just hope that the development process will continue and not stop like some early access do. Looking forward to playing this with friends in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment