Friday, October 9, 2015

Klopp in Liverpool

Klopp takes over Liverpool



Not easy to recognize without more beard and the yellow Dortmund attire.


I think a lot of people was looking forward to when Klopp were finally taking a new job. He had a fantastic run in Dortmund despite the obvious, Bayern were picking up all the players in Germany that they wanted.
Lewandovski the biggest proof of that. In the end he managed to keep a few though, Reus being one of the most famous ones.

What is he all about?

Some of the talk that I have heard is that he is good at building a team from scratch. I suppose that is referring to Dortmund. I am not sure but I don't think they were a team fighting for the title before he got there. To quote Klopp himself after he signed the contract he said that "Liverpool job is the biggest challenge in football" not word by word but that is what he said.
And Liverpool must be considered just that, a great chance to build something. The club has a fantastic history. A lot of fantastic supporters. But it will be tough. A lot of supporters mean a lot of pressure.

Brendan Rodgers did spend a lot of money on a lot of different players. That means there are plenty of players that are ready to show the new manager that they deserve a chance to play.

Will we see Hummels in the Premier League now? He was chased intensively by, among others Manchester United during the summer. Now when his former manager has taken over Liverpool, will he cross the ocean and play in the biggest league in the world?

A strong striker might be all they need. Or will Klopp call Balotelli? I hope that Balotelli returns to Premier League. He is always entertaining and there is a lot of football in him. They do have plenty of players for the midfield, and I would say they do have defenders if they can start to get great performances from Lovren etc.
I don't think Klopp will spend a lot of money. I believe that the board has considered him for the job because he will be able to build a team based on the current players. There are no transfer window open now anyway, so he will have to make due with the players he got.



Even though the last season started catastrophically the Dortmund fans knew they had him to thank for so much and praised him when he left. Beautiful scenes and great to see. 

Even though I am a fan of Manchester United I am curious to see what will happen. I would like to see Liverpool rise again to become a club that challenges for the title again. And I am excited about Klopp taking over as manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment