Thursday, October 1, 2015

I love my new barbell!

Barbell at home - perfect!


I understand that I probably won't use my barbell frequently for a very long time. At first everything new is cool and then it is not so much fun anymore. That is life. 
But right now. I am fucking excited! 

Preciously I have had dumbbells, kettlebells and some random equipment for training. But I have always wanted to have something bigger to be able to perform rowing exercises, military press and being able to have more weights to do leg exercises.
Hopefully this will be a good way for me to be able to perform a lot more exercises at home when the time is short for visiting the gym.

Barbell Bent-over Row is one of my favorite exercises and now I able to perform it at home! Sure, I do not have enough weights to lift really heavy, but I got enough to enjoy lifting it and build my back.

Barbell Military Press is another great exercise. On the video it appears that he has quite a close grip. I can enjoy using a grip that is a bit wider though. 

Always when I have some sort of weight in my hands I will do a couple of curls, and using a barbell it becomes Barbell Curls. Since I use such heavy weights and lift it with my biceps I am using a lot stomach and back to keep my form. 
And honestly, the work out you perform are supposed to help you in your every day life. And some exercises are being ruled out as dumb or bad by some people. But if you have a particular thing you do in your every day life that requires strength in a special movement, it might be worth the time to strengthen that movement. 

A good example is the rowing exercise. It is perfect for me since I need to grip hard and be able to pull against me. So when I do those movements in my every day life, I can imagine standing at the gym doing the rowing exercises. 

Most people would benefit greatly from working out their backs to strengthen it, protecting them from injuries in their daily life.
And if you would be unlucky enough to suffer an injury, life is a lot more simple if the rest of your body is stronger. Lets say that you break a leg, if you have strength in your arms, back and stomach you will be a lot less restricted by your broken leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment