Friday, October 2, 2015

Worlds Day 1 Thoughts

Thoughts day 1

If you did miss some of the action there are videos to watch. RiotGames on Twitch.tv are having the old streams for example and I am sure that Youtube will have them soon as well. 
Since this event will last more or less the entire month with different finals on different locations I am not too stressed about catching everything live. Instead I am trying to watch it all. Here are some thoughts that fell into my mind when I was watching the first day of Worlds.

Fnatic - IG
Wow. I have never seen a team give up at this level. But it happened. Fnatic made it happen! Against IG. They did not even try to see whether or not Fnatic would make a mistake in their eagerness to finish. 

C9 - AHQ
Wow! Veigar is back! Haven't seen him played in a looong time. Maybe I should play him mid from now on. Apparently they have given him small buffs on different patches and now all of a sudden he has become really powerful. The only downside is his mobility I suppose. Those short legs does not offer a lot of speed when trying to avoid the enemies.

SKT - H2K
Fiora, might be fun for me that plays a lot of top lane. Super strong this game. I really enjoyed playing her in the past. 
Was trying to play her during the evening. But she was constantly banned. I guess that proves my point, a dangerous champion right now.

EDG - BKT
Insane dive, double kill after 4 minutes. Then a third kill right after. Op start and mad plays. I will definitely watch more games of EDG in the future!

CLG - FW
When the games are long, one mistake can mean you lose. A big part of the gameplay when the games go on for a long time. I mean, CLG is not famous for finishing games quickly and the commentators said that before the game. That this was not going to be a quick game like all the others have been. 
I enjoy when the games go on for a bit longer though. That means I get to watch and learn a bit more about how they play in the end game.

PNG - KOO
I did not really watch this game very much since I started to play myself. I just could not wait any longer. The hype of LoL after watching all of these games!

Dragon nowadays is not as tradeable against a tower since it gives such a big buff after a few dragons. That is something to really consider if you, like me, have had a break from playing a lot of LoL. It has changed the priorities early game.

Tactics
There are a lot of lane swaps going on. If I remember correctly that was something that the asian scene brought against the EU and NA teams a few years back. Now however it seems like the asian teams are trying to figure out how the EU teams are doing it. I think the commentators spoke about training camps against european opponents just to get used to it.
However if you are as good as some of these asian teams are then the practice games might not last very long and you don't get to see how it works all the way towards the endgame.

And like I mentioned earlier. Some of the mad plays that is happening is really fun to watch. To make big plays early can really give you a big advantage that allows you to just snowball from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment